Skip to content
IPv6 iGP redistribution
Similarities to IPv4
- Redistribution takes routes from the IP routing table, not from the iGP databases.
- Route maps can be used for filtering, metrics, route tags.
- Admnistrative distance has not changed.
- Options to prevent routing loops; Administrative distance, route tags, filtering.
- Syntax is the same.
Differences to IPv4
- Supported “match” commands in route-maps vary on iGP
- OSPF/RIP cannot match op “route-type” with a Route-map
- EIGRP has no problems using “route-type”
- Route-map matching IPv6 ACLs must have IPv6 prefix as source portion and “any” as destination of ACL.
- IPv6 redistribute connected does not include interfaces running the iGP;
- redistribute include-connected