Software Defined Networking
- Advantages SDN
- Automatic Infrastructure Provisioning
- Multi-tenant enviornments
- Flexible Placement of servers ( Mobility )
- Health monitoring of applications
- Application to NET ( Southbound ) and NET to application ( Northbound ) communication
- Cisco’s SDN implementation: Application Centric Infrastructure ( ACI )
Three key ingredients for ACI
- Nexus 9000 series / 9300 / 9500.
- Aplication Policy Infrastructure Controller ( APIC ).
- Cisco recommends a minimum of three APIC servers.
- Policy Model ( “What talks to what and how” ).
How it works
Reality of SDN
- New, minimizes data center capital Investment
- Cisco ACI, Vmware NSX platforms locked to vendor
- Opendaylight example of Vandor inspecific Solutions
- Private cloud orchestration platform needed (ties everything together )