Skip to content
- Cisco 6509.
- Static routing used to ISP ( or basic BGP ).
- FWSM or ACE module used as initial filter.
- Static route down to VIP of aggregation layer FHRP.
- Cisco 6506 ( MSFC ).
- Traffic received from core routed to CSM
- CSM load balances to VLANs at the access layer
- Simple Design allows inter-vlan routering ( web, app, db )
- Inter-vlan routing without a FWSM can lead to access from the VLANs.
- Cisco 6509
- Servers typically devided into web, app, and database VLANS.
- Server gateways set to CSM, FWSM, or VIP of the FHRP on L3.
- Firewall restrictions between layers common.